03 December 2008

where's the beef?

According to an article in the Economist, Burger King is attempting to challenge Mickey D's status in China as the true "king" of burgers. One problem facing both BK and Mickey D's, however, is the food preferences of the Chinese. The Chinese traditionally are not big fans of beef, preferring, instead, chicken (especially with the mad cow scare some years ago). So, in addition to adding China-specific chicken menu items, BK and Mickey D's are now waging marketing campaigns to promote beef.

Me? I loves me my chicken, too. Fried chicken or herb-roasted. But I am also a fan of beef. Enough so that I am ready to try DK Steakhouse's $79.95, 8oz, kobe-style steak tomorrow night. DK's has its own dry-aging storage, which he's been kind enough to agree to let me take a look at. More from DK's after my visit ...

In the meantime, bringing you the world's most heavily fortified Mickey D's: going to Iraq via Kuwait's Ali Al Salem Air Base ...

Photobucket
Drive-through was not an option.





DK's dry-aging unit.

No comments: